Women have a myriad of responsibilities, struggles and pressures they face daily. Their strength is astonishing and the very notion that they commit so wholeheartedly and most often without indignation proves just how powerful women are. However, their needs deserve to be met as well. All too often, the sexual health and needs of women become so neglected or insignificant. It’s vital to acknowledge, celebrate and always maintain how important sexual health and wellness of women is. All women deserve to feel unwavering pleasure and have their needs met. Ashwagandha is one of the natural herbs that support women’s health in a number of ways. Completely non-invasively.
The ashwagandha herb has been a therapeutic staple of traditional Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years before finding its way into the world of western medicine. In our modern age, more women have access to an abundance of solutions to support their health and well-being. However, not all are safe without any detrimental side effects. Ashwagandha is an herbal treatment with few, if any, side effects. Interested in learning more about how ashwagandha can support women’s health? Read on!
Benefits of Ashwagandha For Women
Women require overall balance to secure optimal health and wellness. Ashwagandha, also referred to as Indian Ginseng, is an herbal treatment used originally in Ayurvedic medicines. It’s been found to have functions that can support the health of women of all ages. This completely holistic compound is a part of a class of herbs known as adaptogens. Adaptogens help regulate the body’s ability to monitor stress and pressures. When stress negatively controls the body, adaptogens help normalize the bodily functions and strengthen the system overall to function, essentially, as a “magic shield.”
One of the reasons that ashwagandha has become so popular in the mainstream health industry is because of the ever-growing body of research and studies supporting its benefits for women. Here’s what researchers are saying about the benefits of ashwagandha for women:
1. Functions As A Sexual Stimulant
One of the most popular reasons women use ashwagandha is because of its sexually stimulating properties. Some women develop sexual dysfunction or a low sexual libido as they age, as a result of a medical condition or even medications they’re taking. Ashwagandha has been found to support sexual health in women by potentially improving female sexual dysfunction via blood flow enhancement and tension reduction. The ancient herb has been found to help improve libido while helping the body adapt to stress without feeling overwhelmed and exhausted to ultimately reach orgasm.
The herb can be taken with contraceptive pills without any issue. Some women and studies have contributed the effects of birth control have caused lower levels of sex drive in women. Ashwagandha supplements may enhance a women’s sex drive and improve energy levels.
2. Helps With Menopause
Menopause notes the body’s natural end to its monthly menstrual cycle. It is a natural biological process in women. However, this natural experience can be quite debilitating and stressful for many women. Ashwagandha has been found to nourish the reproductive system by improving female sexual dysfunction. The holistic herb helps regulate hormonal fluctuations during menopause.
The reason is that the herb works with the body’s endocrine system to offer natural relief of the body and mind from menopausal side effects including hot flashes and mood swings. Taking ashwagandha regularly can help balance out a woman’s hormone secretion, promote circulation and reduce daily stress.
3. Manages Stress & Anxiety
If there’s one thing ashwagandha is known for by men and women alike, it’s the herb’s ability to mitigate stress and anxiety. The compound’s stress relief properties help reduce stress and anxiety in individuals with chronic stress and even insomnia caused by anxiety. Ashwagandha has been found to reduce cortisol levels by up to 27.9% to 30.5% with identifiable improvements of the mind.
In addition, the herb has been shown to imitate GABA-like effects in the brain by calming over-hyper neurons to promote calm and relaxation which leads to a better mood. This is of great importance, because women are actually twice as likely to experience mental stress, anxiety and mood issues.
4. Promotes Reproductive Health
When the female body experiences stress, it can alter its resources from producing effective reproductive hormones, in order to create more cortisol. Ultimately, this has a detrimental effect on a woman’s fertility, sexual health and menstrual cycle. Ashwagandha enhances the endocrine system which ultimately helps regulate the thyroid and adrenal glands. The herb is also very rich in iron and helps balance the reproductive system and combat stress which can harm fertility.
5. Helps With Weight Loss
Stress can actually lead to weight gain for some women. Ashwagandha extracts can be highly effective and beneficial for women who want to lose weight. The herb contains antioxidants that support weight-loss and boost your overall immune system. Ashwagandha also redirects energy to burn fat more effectively. This herb can help manage and mitigate stress by reducing psychological indicators of stress, food cravings and even serum cortisol levels. As a result, eating habits can be more regulated and help achieve weight loss.
Muscle mass is also a critical factor of any weight loss program and process because it helps boost metabolism. Ashwagandha can actually help build muscle mass which is also related to good and sustainable weight and health.
Ashwagandha For Women’s Health
If you desire more balance, less stress and improved sex in your life, ashwagandha can be a wonderful solution for you. When taken regularly, your health and wellness will be supported. For women desiring more sexual support and improvement, taking ashwagandha alongside regular quality time with you “O” Orgasm Enhancer and Premium Pleasure cna improve sexual sensation, promote a sense of well-being and overall relaxation.
1. Pattnaik C. (2020). From better orgasms to weight loss, here’s why ashwagandha is a woman’s best friend. Available at: https://www.healthshots.com/healthy-eating/superfoods/these-6-reasons-will-prove-that-ashwagandha-is-every-womans-best-friend/.
2. Dongre S, Langade D, Bhattacharyya S. (2015). Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study. 2015; 2015: 284154.
3. Pukka. (2021). How Ashwagandha can help increase orgasm. Available at: https://www.pukkaherbs.com/uk/en/wellbeing-articles/ashwagandha-orgasm.
4. Modi B. M, Donga B. S, Dei L. (2012). Clinical evaluation of Ashokarishta, Ashwagandha Churna and Praval Pishti in the management of menopausal syndrome. 2012 Oct-Dec; 33(4): 511–516.
5. Spritzler F. (2019). 12 Proven Health Benefits of Ashwagandha. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/12-proven-ashwagandha-benefits#2.-Can-reduce-blood-sugar-levels.
6. Anxiety & Depression Association of America (ADAA). (2021). Facts & Statistics. Available at: https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/facts-statistics.
7. HomeVeda. (2015). All About Ashwagandha, an Ayurvedic herb that boosts female fertility. Available at: https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/all-about-aswagandha-an-ayurvedic-herb-that-boosts-female-fertility/.
8. Savani M. (2021). Ashwagandha For Weight Loss In Women | All You Need To Know. Available at: https://bebodywise.com/blog/ashwagandha-for-weight-loss/.